Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I have a Floating panel That Stays on the Page as it Scrolls?

Hi. Is there a way to have a floating panel on the left of the page that would stay centered on the viewable screen as the page scrolls?

I have seen these on many websites. A panel that the wed designer wants to stay in front of the visitor stays in view at all times.

Default Re: How can I have a Floating panel That Stays on the Page as it Scrolls?

At Xara Users you can find a demo of and tutorial for a floating panel, in this case a navbar: http://xara-users.info/demos/floatin...menu/index.htm.

Follow the arrows down and click "How is it done?" to see the code and directions.

Default Re: How can I have a Floating panel That Stays on the Page as it Scrolls?

There's also a very excellent tutorial on Xara Users for this kind of floating menu http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2369

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There's also a very excellent tutorial on Xara Users for this kind of floating menu http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2369
    How do you add the tweak for this to Designer Pro X? I tried copying and pasting it nut it did not add the new layer. The guy who made it said to drag and drop it to your page; this would imply that it is to be inside the program somehow. So, how do I get it inside there?

KeithH

Drag and drop the side-tab.web file onto your page. I did this from the desktop and it works fine.

Look at page two for instructions for the image you wish to remain static.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    KeithH

Drag and drop the side-tab.web file onto your page. I did this from the desktop and it works fine.

Look at page two for instructions for the image you wish to remain static.
    OK. I tried to drag the "Downloaded file" itself onto my page and it worked. I did a mock trial and everything worked. Thanks.

Now, is there a way to put that tweak into the Designer Pro X so that I can incorporate it into my program for easy use in the future?

Also, Is there a way to give the side panel a bouncing effect as you scroll, like the other person's example?

Thank for the help

Quote Originally Posted by KeithH View Post
    OK. I tried to drag the "Downloaded file" itself onto my page and it worked. I did a mock trial and everything worked. Thanks.

Now, is there a way to put that tweak into the Designer Pro X so that I can incorporate it into my program for easy use in the future?

Also, Is there a way to give the side panel a bouncing effect as you scroll, like the other person's example?

Thank for the help
    ok. I figure out how to bring the tweaks into my program. But I would still like to know if it is possible to give the side panel using the tweak the bouncing effect .

Thanks