Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unable to click on URL in FF or Safari, but I can in IE

Hi all,

This is driving me mad. I have a page styled in CSS in which I have two URLs in a little panel called "At A Glance". The two URLs show as clickable in Internet Explorer (8) but not in Safari (5) or Firefox (14). I'm convinced it's a DIV overlap somewhere which IE ignores but which FF and Safari render strictly, but for the life of me I can't find it. I think I'm at the "can't see the wood for the trees" stage"

If anybody can help I'd be grateful. This is the page: http://livingingascony.com/index.php?id=27
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: Unable to click on URL in FF or Safari, but I can in IE

There are 174 html validation errors on the page but I don't know if they are contributing to the link problem or not. Not sure if this will shed any light but the paragraphs starting with "You are welcomed into a large and elegant reception area off a magnificent fully beamed central" to the right seem to be covering the "at a glance" content on the left. I removed those paragraphs using firebug in firefox and the links are then clickable.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Hi xt

Thanks for the help, you guided me to the solution (and god knows I should have seen it myself). I should have placed the "At A Glance" panel inside the body text div from the beginning instead of directly before it. As I said "can't see the wood for the trees"

As for the 174 validation errors, all I can say is *sigh*, but I know I could reduce that by about 85% with a couple of simple search&replace actions, and I know I should, but whether I will or not will be determined by how many totally unrelated telephone calls I receive between finishing this post and picking up that site again. But they certainly didn't have any impact on the problem which was easily fixed with a little bit of Irish help

Sláinte

(speaking of which, I'm sure you seen the film "The Guard". I have not seen such a brilliantly written film in years. Brendan Gleeson at his bloody-minded, cynical, genius best! Should have had an Oscar)
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Glad you got it sorted. I haven't seen The Guard yet, I'll have to get around to watching it.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.