Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How much can Xara handle?

The only ting I have not tried is grabbing the computer by the power cord and choking it to death.

Quote Originally Posted by zepol View Post
    The only ting I have not tried is grabbing the computer by the power cord and choking it to death.

Export just before going to bed.

When the 'violation' thingy comes up, ignore it and continue.

Get your head down and forget about it.

When you wake up, make y'self a cuppa tea and checkitout.

Not a hi-tech solution (I leave those to the hi-techies) but give it a go - you may be pleasantly suprised.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Miko, I have gigs of ram. Drwyd, there are no other applications running, and now I get a Xara pop up with this message "Access violation exception at 0x222820c3".
    4 gig may seem a lot but as I said, with Windows 7 64 bit, it gobbles up 2gig to start. Take into consideration other processes, the amount of RAM is further reduced. Now don't forget that until you reboot, stuff is still lodged in RAM. I suggest that before you try and publish the site, you reboot and then try and publish. See if this helps.

Zepol, please submit a ticket at http://support.xara.com in this ticket include the AV reference number, this can be found by clicking Continue to the AV message then copy the long reference number into the ticket then click Send to submit the error log.

This should will give the techs some information about the problem. Also include a note of when this AV happens as they will need to reproduce the problem and see what you are seeing.

Just solved the problem. When I work with Xara I always leave the guide lines in case something gets moved by accident and to edit on the fly, specially on this project that has so many pictures and graphics.

The Xara program runs out of memory and starts giving error messages when there are too many guide lines. Making them invisible does not change the results, but deleting them does. I deleted the majority of the guide lines, and now it is working the way it is supposed to work. After deleting the guides I was working with, to make a test I opened a new page and put about 50 guides and the problem came back; delete them and problem solved!

Thank you guys for your input and recommendations, and hope this solution can help someone in the future.

I wonder if support are aware if this ' issue'? Zepol what made you think of deleting the guides as a solution?

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

The Xara program runs out of memory and starts giving error messages when there are too many guide lines. Making them invisible does not change the results, but deleting them does. I deleted the majority of the guide lines, and now it is working the way it is supposed to work. After deleting the guides I was working with, to make a test I opened a new page and put about 50 guides and the problem came back; delete them and problem solved!
    I'm not seeing this problem myself after dragging in around 50 guide lines into a new document and previewing, there's no problem at all. It responds as if I've never added any guide lines.

Could you upload an example file showing the problem either to this thread or in a support ticket to Xara at http://support.xara.com so they can investigate it please?

Could you also include which version and revision of program you are using. This is found in the Help > About dialog.
    Last edited by PeteS; 11 July 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Guys
    This hang up thing is a normal occurrence for me on export. It happens about every other time. I have dual processors, 8 gigs of ram, fiber optic line and 15 meg upload speed. It still does it. It gets to about 25% converted or so then hangs up and I get to watch that little blue circle spin around. The only way out is to shut it down and start over. If it gets past 30% conversion it always goes the rest of the way. Weird and frustrating.

Windows 7 by the way. Oh, and I don't use guidelines. It doesn't do it every time. WD MX Premium

Buddy
    Last edited by copsmith1; 11 July 2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: left Windows version out

Copsmith, try Utilities > Optimise all images. After that completes save your file and close Web Designer.

Re-open the program then try exporting again.

By the way your problem is during the export phase and nothing to do with publishing and sounds different to what Zepol is reporting.

If you still encounter the problem it might be an idea to contact Xara support at http://support.xara.com and send them your .web file along with a report to what the problem is and when ti occurs.