Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Graphics request....

I was wondering if someone could do me a favor. I have two photos that need editing.

The first one is one of a Ghost Pepper and I would like to turn it into a PNG without the white background and the pepper's shadow.
    The second one is of an habanero pepper and I would like to see if I can get part of the stem from this one added to the stem from the other photo once it is edited.

My question is, if I provide the photos, can someone here help me out with what I need?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bhut Jolokia.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	90726

Name:	habanero.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	90728
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trinidad_Scorpion.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	222.4 KB 
ID:	90727  

Default Re: Graphics request....

I would be willing...but don't you still have PS with OnOne's masking plug-in? And with these images, just using the color select in PS and then a bit of erasing around them would be pretty quick in PS. Just curious.

Also, you've mentioned how great Xara is in the past, but your profile shows None. This is easy to mask off in Xara...

Take care, Mike

You can do it in Designer Pro X using the Photo Tool Color Select Erase, but as you can see there is still a bit of white fringe visible over the shadow. And no my image does not have a transparent background because I am not an art service.

Your best option is to drop out the white in Photoshop which is more sensitive in pixel selection, or in Xara to create a vector mask as you can see in my second attachment. This is the best method of all because you get a razor sharp edge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pepper.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	90729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mask.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	90730  

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I would be willing...but don't you still have PS with OnOne's masking plug-in? And with these images, just using the color select in PS and then a bit of erasing around them would be pretty quick in PS. Just curious.

Also, you've mentioned how great Xara is in the past, but your profile shows None. This is easy to mask off in Xara...

Take care, Mike
    Sorry, I do have 7Pro but I do not have PS anymore.

I don't have the best mouse so sometimes that makes it difficult for me to do certain things.

Thanks for the reply.

~lilcholo

lilcholo,

Initially, the mask line you would create is pointing and clicking. Then adjusting the curves around the part you wish to keep. There are a few videos on T&G concerning this, I'll see if I can dig them up later today.

You'll never get better and always will be reliant on others if you don't try.

Take care, Mike

I can photoshop this for u, but i dont understand your second demand. you want a part of the stem from the second photo added to the last photo? And does the 2 last photo's also need the threathment like the first one (no background and shadow?

Is this what you need?

Name:	pepper.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	90746 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trinidad.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	226.5 KB 
ID:	90747

Thomas, talkgraphics is about helping people make graphics, not doing the work for them.

I agree with Pauland. Show lilcholo how to remove the white background so that he/she can do it.

Thomas - The request was for a file with a transparent background. Your background is white which is were we started.

Gary--the trinidad PNG is transparent. Just the lightbox software background.

Take care, Mike