Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing photos and maintaining size - DP X

When I import, or drag and drop, photos they are reduced to 400x300 pixels even I chose "Import as original, which was 3445x2584. So, when export the image back as a JPG all I get is the reduced image. What am I missing here? Or, how can I keep my original image size? Many thanks for any help.

Default Re: Importing photos and maintaining size - DP X

Hi Dave,

I pretty much never drag 'n' drop. But with the following settings, I import 100% size:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Options.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	90666

Here is DPX with a 4000 x 3000 pixel image, shown with the view slider all the way down so you can see the page size as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Designer Pro X - [Untitled1 _].jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	90667

Take care, Mike

Thanks for the tip. I had missed that window and was quite frustrated by not having full-size images. I now can do it!
    Only problem now is that after making my modification (Magic Eraser) and saving I found the image degraded but guess that's a JPG problem. I'll have to try with a TIF.

Thanks again, Dave

JPG is a lossy format. That means you lose information in the file each time you do something that will make the system "rethink" the image.

Since I'm not a fan of lossy formats, I tend to avoid using the JPG format (even for photos in many instances) unless I really need to get the file size down and the quality of the final image is negotiable.