Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XP&G7 Text resize issue

Hey,

I can't really reproduce this bug, but I'm posting it in case anyone can help me get rid of this! I have noticed that when I have a single line of text, and drag the corner handle to scale it up or down, holding shift, the text suddenly JUMPS aspect ratio. It changes enough to be very frustrating! Anyone?

Thanks
    RonC
    Ron Cavagnaro

Default Re: XP&G7 Text resize issue

Is the aspect ratio padlock in the down (locked) position? If so, and if XP&G works like Designer Pro, holding shift down should resize from the center outwards. If the padlock is not in the down position, well, press it to the down position for resizing 100% aspect ratio.

If you need it in the up position to distort text, don't hold down shift.

Take care, Mike

The Shift Key is used to modify how the resizing handles work. Dragging on a corner resizing handle while holding down a shift key will extend the opposite corner equidistant in the opposite direction. Dragging a center resizing handle and holding down a shift key moves the opposite side and equal distance in the opposite direction. They is how it has always worked. It is not a bug simply how the Selector Tool and the Shift Key work together.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It might be jumping because if you have specified that your document is a web page, and if you have checked Show Windows Compatible Text Lengths, then the text will snap to the appropriate sizes rather than scaling smoothly.

And if this is indeed the case, then you posted in the wrong forum.

You're not crazy. I had this exact issue on Designer Pro 7. I fixed it by turning of "Check spelling as you type". Does this work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by lucxaw View Post
    You're not crazy. I had this exact issue on Designer Pro 7. I fixed it by turning of "Check spelling as you type". Does this work for you?
    Awesome, will try this today at work, thanks!
    Ron Cavagnaro