Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default another pdf issue - this time with font "returns" not exporting correctly

I remember this being in an old version of xara and it was fixed in an update. Maybe the new update fixes this but I wouldn't know as the arrow issue I had hasn't been resolved. My new Designer MX doesn't export text returns - ie making a table sometimes the easiest thing to keep things aligned is to put a couple of returns in - when exporting to a pdf the line of pdf text just starts at the top - ie it ignores the returns I put in. I don't think my explanation is that clear (sorry) but I have put in a sample table and the exported pdf to illustrate what I mean. Is this another bug?example.pdfexample.xar

Default Re: another pdf issue - this time with font "returns" not exporting correctly

Probably the font you have used (Praxis)

It's not installed on my system so I changed it to Trebuchet MS. This exports to PDF fine.

See attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: another pdf issue - this time with font "returns" not exporting correctly

thanks sledger - afraid not - still does it with Trebuchet. Maybe the update fixes this?

the reason it is doing this is because of the blank lines in the text columns. See the attached. Don't use text columns and add blank lines. Actually, for tabular data, either I'll do a table in Excel and copy/paste it or I will use individual text entry into a drawn table.

I also didn't have Praxis, so you might have to move something around.

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by PeteA View Post
    thanks sledger - afraid not - still does it with Trebuchet. Maybe the update fixes this?
    Which program and version are you using? I exported from Designer Pro X 8.1.1.22437
    If this is not the same version as you have, go to Help >> Check for updates.
    As you see in my attached PDF above, there is no problem for PDF export even with the blank text column lines, though you should take note of Mike's recommendation.

Note: Yes, you must have an older versions because lines with arrows export to PDF fine as well.

Same version I am using.

1.jpg is from Acrobat.
    2.jpg is from within DPX (same version you report).

Arrows are broken if they are above text and overlapping the text (framed text or lines of text, doesn't matter).

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	90581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	90580  

ah ok - looks like the update fixes the returns in tables/text but introduces the arrow problem. I think I'll wait for another update

Arrows export fine from current version when text and arrows are on different layers.

I can only get this to work if the arrow is on a layer below the text. If the arrow layer is above the text the arrowhead is not included in the pdf.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The line and the text can be on the same layer as long as the line in lower in the Z-stack than the text. The arrowhead will be included in the pdf.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update