Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Visible objects

Default Visible objects

Hi for everyone, could I ask something in Designer Pro X which is maybe very simple but I did not find the method.

In the Page & Layer Gallery there are the small eyes to make objects Visible or not. If for example a document has one layer so Layer 1, closing the Visible eye beside the layer, all objects disappear. Which is anyway my target, just in this way the eyes beside individual objects became gray, saying that "click parent to show".

Is there maybe way to close all objects visible with one step, but be able individually open them after? As I can see this works only on that way that if the individual objects are closed one by one, in that way can be opened one by one, but if closed in one on layer level, in that case can be opened only on that level.

Hopefully was able to describe, I would like to avoid close all objects one by one

Thanks,

Default Re: Visible objects

I wish there was a way.

I manually make all the layers invisible and then when I open one layer the others close. But I can never do this automatically. It is always trial and error.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You can use solo mode for this. Click the S icon next to the eye, and you will only see the particular layer or object you want to work on everything else is invisible. To leave solo mode just click the s again and everything is visible again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

If you expand the layer concerned, you can then drag down the eye column from the top item to the bottom to make all items invisible without having to click each one individually. Also works to restore visibility when the eyes are shut.
    Tony

Tony I never thought to this drag down method but finally that works quite well. Maybe that is not dragging officially just keeping the left mouse button down and moving over the eyes, but at the end giving around the same result. This can be practical to close them fast