Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flash Slideshow/Slider

I've seen a page on a site which contains an effect I would really like to use. It's a flash something , not sure whether it's a slideshow or a slider or a menu but wondered whether it is possible to reproduce this in Webdesigner MX Premium. I've played around with the widgets included but can't seem to get what I'm looking for.

The link is http://www.biosthetique.com/index_en.html

Any help/advice would be most appreciated

Many thanks

Default Re: Flash Slideshow/Slider

You could probably create something similar in Xara's Animation window and export it as Flash.

I think in reality the menu options would need to be separate named objects and be individual named slices.

Attached is a quick and dirty attempt and my files.

In the Menu.xar file (which will open in Web Designer) you need to select the placeholder rectangle and in the Website Properties > Placeholder, use the Replace with Flash option to select the .swf file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's very helpful and very kind of you to take the time and trouble to supply an example. I'll work on it and see how I get on.

Many thanks again

My pleasure. Let us know if you have any questions. And if you are not familiar with how Xara creates Flash .swf movies, refer to Help > Search tabbed section, and look for Tweening. Read the Introduction and it will give you the basics.

Another possibility for a vaguely similar effect which is not flash (so iOS friendly) is to use layer transitions.
    This has the layer auto opening on page load.

DEMO

See attachment.
    Check the page body code, the small white dot link and the photo name.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Many thanks for this one, I'll give it a try.

OK, had a bit of a play with this and it seems pretty close. However, the original site is using a different photo each time it runs. Is it possible to do this using a selection of photos?

Ah, it randomises the image huh? Oh well, there's no easy way to do this in Xara Designer - sorry.
    Still - how many visitors are going to keep refreshing the start page just to see a new image. They'd be wanting to get to the site proper I'd image

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    They'd be wanting to get to the site proper I'd image
    Or imagine, even.

Except that the single layer slides in as one unit and part of the magic of the linked to Flash animation was the images coming from different directions.

If one layer could automatically trigger another layer you could get something that is close. Is this possible sledger?

A layer obviously makes the text links simpler and as you state, it is non Flash and so iOS friendly.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 21 June 2012 at 12:48 PM.

I did have another thought on how you could have the image change. Have a number of layers and link the Home text link to the next layer. So each time your visitor clicks Home it loads the next layer which looks just like the previous layer except the image changes.