Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default gwpriester.com goes Mobile

Just finished the mobile version of my gwpriester.com site, www.gwpriester.com/mobile.

Feedback, problems, etc. is always appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gwpriester-mobile.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	90401  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: gwpriester.com goes Mobile

Looks really good! I broke down and installed a QR reader on my phone it does make things much easier. The site was easy to navigate on my Windows 7 phone and I could view it in either landscape or portrait mode. I have to say though that I found the stereograms harder to see on my phone than on my computer (Size matters )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Very hot Arizona...but it's a dry heat :)

Very nice Gary. Job well done once again.

Gary, the display looks good, crisp and sharp.

The links to 'xara' at the bottom work but the 'menu' just highlights (browny orange) without doing anything ie I press 'menu' and get the highlighed state but doesn't do anything.

Using Samsung Galaxy 2 mobile (android)
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

Hmm. The menu just needs to be tapped once and should drop down. It doesn't do this?

Gary

sorry but all is working just fine now and it looks great!.

There must have been a problem with something my end before, so again sorry for any time wasting was really just trying to help.
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

I appreciate it. No problem.

Looks great on my phone Gary, in portrait and landscape. I love your designs, even mini mobile ones.

Looks good. Don't have a smartphone, but everything looks beautiful & works OK on my Acer netbook.

On the first screen, where it says 'gwpriester.com mobile' -- I'd change it to say 'mobile design' ... assuming that anyone coming there would know where they were. Gary, I know you cellphone guys are used to scrolling gestures, but my instinct still tells me that the 'above the fold' area better be the best short quick selling message possible, rather than just a logo or logotype. My granddaughters have the attention span of a hummingbird on crack, and they're the gen that's grown up with these devices...

Abikadabra -- when you say 'love your designs, even the mobile ones', I know what you mean, but all of a sudden mobile design is actually more much important than regular web design, or print design. And people like you and Gary are taking the lead to figure out how to make great sites that work cross-platform... much thanks.

This is a very, very fast ballgame. Rapid change. I hope all the Xara Designer Pro and Web MX widgets and features will work on these mobile device browsers!
    Last edited by jon404; 28 June 2012 at 04:12 PM.

A lot of guys who are professional web designers and have been for a while are saying that already almost 50% of people are viewing sites on mobile devices, i didn't believe this at first but I had a look at the analytics for a few sites and it ranged from a staggering 89% for a beauty site down to around 12% for a solar energy installation site, so it seems that this is getting serious. Just one point however needs to be made, pretty much all modern mobile devices (in particular tablets) can view a 'desktop' optimised site pretty good, with some zooming required on some sites - but is it really difficult to zoom on an iphone? and with flash being used less and less that is not a problem either, and with the mx version of webdesigner which allows one press on a link it is even better. I think that the one thing that does need to be different is the content, I for one when viewing on a desktop don't mind lots of content but when using a mobile device one tends to be on the lookout for very specific infomation, such as contact details. I will certainly be working on a mobile version of my site in the near future. Well done gary for completing yours early.
    Last edited by Cloud; 02 July 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk