Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Button on Navbar freezes on webpage - rest of navbar locked up

Hi...

I am nearing (I think) the completion of my first website. I changed my navbar to another form. After setting the bar up, up and customizing all of the links, I loaded it out to my webhost. I discovered when I click 'upcoming events', it goes to that web page, but then the navigation bar locks up and I can't select any other options on the bar. I am including a screenshot of the header page, and other pertainent (I think) screenshots. My website is www.stoppersnstuff.net. the same thing happens when i select 'preview website'. Can anyone suggest what I have done to cause this?

One other question... How do I change the color of the text in the navigation bar?

Many thanks in advance.

DaveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	newsns-edit nav bar.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	90254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newsns-home.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	90255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newsns-navigation bar.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	90256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newsns-web properties.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	90257

Default Re: Button on Navbar freezes on webpage - rest of navbar locked up

Quote Originally Posted by mvssysprog View Post
    I discovered when I click 'upcoming events', it goes to that web page, but then the navigation bar locks up and I can't select any other options on the bar.
    It's because the navbar is behind the title (StoppersNStuff) graphic.
    Select the navbar then press ctr+F to bring to front. This will fix it.

Dave - I am not seeing a button Upcoming Events. Did you solve the problem by deleting the button?

On the page you're having problems, select the Nav bar and bring it to the front (Arrange > Bring to Front) and see if that helps.

Also it might help to refresh the page (F5) in the browser.

At least we agree Gary

The Upcoming Events page is labelled as 'News' on the navbar.

Hi...

I fixed the navbar to be consistant. However, I cannot get the navbar to work on the upcoming events page, regardless of whether I select the navbar and enter ctrl+3 or not. Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated. I know this has to be something dumb, but I can't see it. I tried to upload my .web file but it is almost 40meg...

Also, do I have to ungroup the navbar if I want to change the color of the text?

Again, thanks in advance.

Dave

Dave, re read my post, it's CTRL+F not ctrl+3

And no need to thank in advance for something you haven't yet got, thank after getting help that works

Hi Steve...

Sorry about misreading your suggestion. I think I know what is going on though...I just don't know how to fix it. I selected the navbar and entered CTR:+F. However it didn't work. When I moved the navbar around, it still moved under my banner. When I selected the navbar and clicked on arrange, the 'bring to front' was not highlighted to select. Any idea what i can do to fix this?

Then it may be a layer problem.

I could run through a few scenarios and hope I get lucky, but I'd rather you attach your xara file to a post so I can check it out.

If it's over 10Mb, then you can upload it to largedocument.com and post the download link here.

Hi Steve...

It had to be a layer problem. However, I got around it by cloning one of the pages that the navbar is in front of the banner, and then copying and pasting the components of that webpage. It appears to now be working... Now I can say it.... Thank you for yours and Gary's assistance!

One more last question... how do I change the color of the text in my navbar?

Dave
    Last edited by mvssysprog; 14 June 2012 at 01:02 AM.

Select the navbar - open the colour editor (Ctlr+E) and select the theme text colour. Change as required.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-14_100753.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	90263