Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I cut out part of a jpeg?

I have Corel Photoshop x4. Angelize had displayed a mockup of my header page (to demonstrate some suggested changes). In that mockup, she took one of my wooden bowl jpegs, eliminated all background, and inserted only the bowl image on my page. I can't for the life of me figure out how she did that. Here is a picture of what she displayed as well as the original photo of the wooden bowl.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Dave
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/attachme...7&d=1339480194

Attachment 90223
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00356.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	90247  

Default Re: How do I eliminate all background from an jpeg except for the image I want

Like this Dave

Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: How do I eliminate all background from an jpeg except for the image I want

Ooops, I didn't even notice this was a Corel related thread.
    None-the-less, this would have been how Frances knocked out the bowl as shown in Dave's WD Gallery thread.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yes it was indeed how i did it. I forgot about that more recent video you made Steve, I linked to an old one of Egg's in the other thread. Thanks for embedding it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hi.... I watched the video (very clear how-to) and decided to try it using web designer MX premiumAttachment 90233. I imported a photo of the bowl. I went through the steps and got the outline of the bowl darkened out. I used the selector tool to encase the entire photo. I clicked on arrange; combine shapes, but unfortunately the only subcommand that came up was 'add shapes'. Intersect shapes was darkened out. Here is a snapshot of where I ended up. It seemed very simple to do (it has amazed me how many capabilities this product has!). If you can figure out what I did wrong, I would greatly appreciate it...

Many thanks again.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after arrange-combine shapes.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	90249  

Hi Dave, I fear we are getting off topic here in the Corel PSP forum so I'll see if we can get some who has the correct permissions in this forum (I don't) to move this to a new discussion in a more appropriate forum.

In the mean time check to see that you have both the photo and the masking shape selected. it's hard to tell from your screenshot but I have a hunch the shape isn't selected. Down at the bottom of your screen you see it show 2 items selected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Select the shape then shift+select the photo and press Ctrl+3

(Yes, that was my fault for not noticing which forum this thread started off in)

Was coming back to add that to my post, but you beat me to it. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I apologize to everyone. I didn't know that there was an equivalent function within Web Designer... my comments should have been directed, once we were talking about web designer, to another forum board. I'm still trying to get it to work in PSP (for other purposes - work related documentation). With respect to PSP assistance from you... I do thank you.

dave