Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot Access Web Properties on Designer 7 File run under Designer 8

I created a web site in Designer 7 as a xar file. I am now using Designer 8 and when I click on an image to display the web properties it does not give me the option so I cannot work on the file as a web site. How can I change the file to a web design file.

Default Re: Cannot Access Web Properties on Designer 7 File run under Designer 8

I cannot see why this is happening. I have not had this problem.

When you say that you click on an image to display the web properties, are you referring to information about the image? If so that information is on the status bar in the lower left corner of the window. If you need the EXIF information for the photo, select the photo, open the Photo Tool flyout and click EXIF.

If you are referring to the Image Properties, open the Website Properties menu on the Infobar and select Image. Even if your document is not recognized as a website, and this should happen automatically, you should be able to access the Image properties menu,

Default Re: Cannot Access Web Properties on Designer 7 File run under Designer 8

Quote Originally Posted by Bokie View Post
    I created a web site in Designer 7 as a xar file. I am now using Designer 8 and when I click on an image to display the web properties it does not give me the option so I cannot work on the file as a web site. How can I change the file to a web design file.
    I think you mean when you right click on the image it doesn't show Web Properties..

If this is happening then it's because the document type you've created you website in is a print/drawing document, not a website document type.

Easy way to fix this is select Utilities -> Web Properties and when promtped click 'Make Web Doc' and then you'll see Web Properties on the right click menu.

Yes, that was it. Thanx for your help.

My problem was that no object can be selected for the web properties to display. When you have selected an object the web properties does not show as an option.