Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I eliminate all background from an jpeg except for the image I want

I have Corel Photoshop x4. Angelize had displayed a mockup of my header page (to demonstrate some suggested changes). In that mockup, she took one of my wooden bowl jpegs, eliminated all background, and inserted only the bowl image on my page. I can't for the life of me figure out how she did that. Here is a picture of what she displayed as well as the original photo of the wooden bowl.

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Dave
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/attachme...7&d=1339480194

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00356.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	90223
    IP

Default Re: How do I eliminate all background from an jpeg except for the image I want

In Corel PaintShop Pro X4 you could use the Background Eraser, but I think using the Freehand Selection Tool will be more effective as the Background Eraser would give some problems with the shadows in your image.
    For the Freehand Selection Tool use these settings:
    Selection Type:Edge Seeker
    Mode: Add
    Feather:0
    Range:1
    Smoothing:0

Zoom into your image so you can clearly see the edges of what you want to keep/remove.
    Hold the Alt Key and keep it depressed, then start clicking around your object.
    Long lines on straight edges, shorter on curved.
    When the selection meets up, righ-click once to finish.
    You can then Copy & Paste your object elsewhere.
    Save it as a .PSPimage file, then you can use it again :-)

You refer to Angelize, does this mean you also use Xara Photo+Graphics Designer? Selecting in Xara is a lot easier/more accurate than in PSP :-)

Grenou
    IP

Default Re: How do I eliminate all background from an jpeg except for the image I want

.....and I am thoroughly confused.
    I thought I was answering a question about how to do something in Paint Shop Pro, evidently not ??

Grenou
    IP

I apologize to everyone. I didn't know that there was an equivalent function within Web Designer... my comments should have been directed, once we were talking about web designer, to another forum board. I'm still trying to get it to work in PSP (for other purposes - work related documentation). With respect to PSP assistance from you... I do thank you.

dave
    IP