Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Burnt wood effect

Hi people!
    I need to recreate a burning wood effect similar to attached sample or even more realistic.
    I thought I saw such tutorial here, but can't find it now.
    Could anyone help?

Thx!
    Alex

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wood.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	90149
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Burnt wood effect

Hi Alex, first what version of Xara are you using? and does this need to be all vector or are you looking for an effect layered over a wood texture bitmap?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Burnt wood effect

If you have Designer Pro X you can do this easily. In the quick example below I used bitmap fills but if you have a vector wood texture it could be done with that. The first thing is that the text should have an identical fill as the wood background, then you need to darken the colours to get a burned look. (bitmap fills can be darkened easily with the photo tools and if you have a vector texture you will need to adjust the colours) After that I went in with the eraser tool and a very soft nib and erased out areas where you want unburned wood to show through. If you look closely at the B you can see that I went in with a mush smaller nib and zoomed in and further distressed the edges both inside and out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burned wood.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	90163
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.