Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help exporting huge size artwork!!!

Yes, it seems it is always needed to tweak in Illustrator...which by the way, I don't know what cosmic event made that piece of s...oftware the printers standard

Probably not as complicated as your file. A few types of transparencies and home-made drop shadows. There are also clipped regions, a few hundred or more elements, etc. The top line of text has a contour, but the others are "flat."

Hmm, why did AI become the so-called standard? One could postulate all sorts of reasons. Most likely many would be correct. It certainly was not due to its capabilities. I think its rise was like Excel or Word. AI became the norm in design circles proving that software does not need to be the best in class in order to sell more copies.

What Adobe did right, if anything, is to be an early bundler of related software and made sure educational systems had the suites for relatively little money.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large_poster2.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	90191  

This is the side and the back for the van wrap I was trying to export --not that complex really...seems I got it after all, but phew! what a work to make it into an .ai document! I wish all printers discover Xara soon It is way much better than Illy, i just compares as Xara being an Audi vs Illy being a 2105 Lada --no pun intended...as for the Lada, not for Illustrator!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	90192
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	90193