Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default supported filetypes SVG, PDF and maybe CSS3

I mainly use Xara P&GD 6 to produce scalable vector graphics for use on the Ubuntu linux operating system.
    For the most part SVG exports are fine, sometimes I have to touch stuff back into place using Inkscape.
    I'm not entirely sure why that is the case - is one of the two apps using an older standard of SVG file like I often find with PDFs?
    Documentation on the subject is arcane.

web / mobile / operating system application applications continue to blur the line delimitering the three.
    and I'm finding xara increasingly useful in producing graphics for the field but I want to sound a request for more information on supported files.

Has Xara kept up to date with modern file types? - that would be a prompt for me to upgrade versions.

I noticed that twitter's simple new logo is can be composed entirely of CSS3 Removed link due to 404 error

Is that an exportable file format xara is considering implementing in the future?
    Last edited by Soquili; 08 June 2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Removed non-functioning link

Default Re: supported filetypes SVG, PDF and maybe CSS3

SVG specification is interpreted differently by every application that has the ability to create the file type. In addition every web browser has it's own particular method for interpreting the SVG coding and rendering an image.

Not sure what you are asking about for exportable file format. Besides Xara is very protective about any future features that may or may not appear in a future release. Only way to find out is to wait for new releases as they occur.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: supported filetypes SVG, PDF and maybe CSS3

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Not sure what you are asking about for exportable file format.
    I'm just thinking that the web page export currently relies heavily on bitmap images PNGs, JPGs and GIFs.
    The whole application has veered away from it's purely vector roots into an uneasy vector-bitmap hybrid.
    I'd be delighted if Xara shored up it core strength in high speed vector rendering with improved support for SVGs and CSS3
    It would solve so many issues web developers have with serving quality images to both small mobile screens and huge HD flat-screen tv / monitors.