Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does Xara work with CoffeeCup's shopping cart builder?

Hi....

I am still in the process of building my website (especially now since my daughter has redone the coloring and fonts throughout the site. I currently do not have a store (e-commerce) page set up and was wondering if Coffeecup's Shopping cart builder works with Xara. Has anyone had any experience with it if it does?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Default Re: Does Xara work with CoffeeCup's shopping cart builder?

Dave - Most of these companies have a free trial version and I am sure Coffee Cup does.

Download the trial and see if it does what you want it to do.

ECWID (there is a e-commerce widget in the Designs Gallery) also does a very good job.

Hi...

Thank you for the quick response. I downloaded the trial copy to look at... I guess I still need to ask is it possible to incorporate the HTML generated by these panels into Xara? I really like the functionality of Xara (what little I know so far), but would like to add the ease of the shopping cart from coffeecup...

Thanks in advance....Dave

If the program creates a script or code you can enter this into a placeholder which inserts the code into your HTML document.

A placeholder is any object, usually a simple rectangle. With the rectangle selected, open the Website Properties > Placeholder section and click on the replace HEAD or BODY buttons and paste your code into this box. Be sure to press Apply before you exit the menu.

For more information, see Help > Search > Placeholder Objects.

Hi Guys,

What I can see for CC Shopping Cart are a lot of PHP files but no html files that I can find.

My memory is very vague on this but can php also be incorporated into Xara placeholders Gary?
    There are also a lot xml and js files......
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

You could incorporate CC Shopping Creator in an iframe but a better option would be to use CC Shopping Cart Designer in conjunction with Creator to design a template that fits in with your Xara site and run it from a separate folder. If you're doing a substantial ecommerce site, this would be well worth while but for a smaller project, I really don't think that it would be worth the outlay. The Coffee Cup software makes online selling about as easy as it can be and also allows you to produce an online catalogue for projects like car sales or antique shops where you probably wouldn't buy without seeing it for real.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

hi W00dy...

Are you saying that I also need their web creator to build the template?

Thanks...Dave