Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Complete Noob at work, little help needed please

Hello everybody,

I recently purchased the Xara Web Designer software and I must say the templates look very professional.
    I'm trying to modify the Zcard template and I want the change the woman's face in the header.
    When I first delete the shape, I can access the face with the photo tool, but when I replace the photo with the one I want, it has a blueish layer over it, does somebody know how the delete this blue layer ?
    Other problem :
    How do I change the text of the news-page of this template of those 3 little pics on the left?
    When I click on text column and then on the solo button, the text is there but I can't see it because it's white just like the background.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Grtzzz..

DarkDemon

Default Re: Complete Noob at work, little help needed please

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Ungroup the header photo. Select the photo of the woman and then select the Fill Tool. From the drop down list of Fill Types on the Infobar select Flat. Now the photo is a solid filled shape.

Hold down the Shift key and drag and drop a photo from the desktop, or Windows Explorer, or the Bitmap Gallery onto the shape.

For the text on the three pop up photos. The text and photo are on pop up layers. Look in the Page and Layout Gallery and you will see the pop up layers.

GWpriester,

Thank you very much for your fast reply,

I managed to get rid of these shapes i didn't need , but can you explain please how I get this picture there as a banner ?

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9356/bamboe.jpg

The problem with the text I can't solve, I want to change the text of Zcard Photo2, I can find the Text Column I want to edit, but when I click on solo project there is nothing to see because the background as well as the text is in this case white, is there a way to temporaly change the text colour to edit the text ?

I also have a problem when I import a picture to a page, I can see the image in the pasteboard background but not on the page, when I unlock it, there is still nothing to see, what am I doing wrong?

Your help is much appreciated !!

Can you please also tell me how to get this image set as background for the whole website ?

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8453/mainbgur.jpg

Thanks

Grtzz

DD

Hi DD

To change an image in an object drag from the bitmap gallery onto it. If it has no image already applied then ctrl+drag instead.

To change text colour click in it with the selector tool then apply a colour fill. (click on the colour bar at the bottom and select "set fill colour")

For that kind of background see here

And to change the text, just swipe the Text Tool across the text.

There is one small problem with the photo, but it creates an interesting effect.

The photo of the young woman is on two images. I ungrouped the header, and dragged and dropped (the bamboo photo onto the banner shape. It changed the photo to the bamboo but the woman on the left (a duplicate photo) has a gradient transparency and her image remains over the bamboo. To replace the gradient photo drag and drop the bamboo image to the left side of the banner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	90205