Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This certainly isn't the only way to create feathers---others here may have much better ideas---but I hope this might inspire you to try something along these lines for starters...hope this helps.

---As The Crow Flies!--- [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feathertut1.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	4664  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

This certainly isn't the only way to create feathers---others here may have much better ideas---but I hope this might inspire you to try something along these lines for starters...hope this helps.

---As The Crow Flies!--- [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

even your tutorials are visually appealing! Have you done any page layout or other such design work? You sure have an eye for beauty of form.

By the way, thanks for your compliment on my "pacman" copyright image in the Recycled Patriotic Tutorial thread. I am working on finding a novel way to post it or some portion of it in the gallery, as you suggested.

Regards,
    Glen.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

No, I'm new at all of this, but I thank you for your kind remarks--I hope something in the tut is helpful to any who need to work on a feather image. If someone else has input on how to do feathers I'm hoping they will post their ideas also.
    You really should post your "pacman C" image out here so others can enjoy it too, I really got a kick out of it, and it portrays just the troubles with " © " that we have to deal with [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . It's good to get more humor out here and images too!!!
    Thanks again!

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

Maya, thank you for the tutorial. I've wanted to draw feathers in the past but never achieved a satisfactory result before. Here's my first attempt after seeing your explanation.

Thanks again.

Soquili
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feather.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	15102  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

That is an absolutely beautiful eagle feather Soquili!!!!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I am thrilled that this tut may have been of help to you---you got fabulous results, though, due to your own abilities and artistic sense!!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Wonderful, I am so happy and love your image [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] !!!

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

Thank you Maya, for the tutorial and recognizing my attempt at the eagle feather [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I just logged on and am downloading, guess what..........new sound card drivers, I am bound and determined to come out of the cave and let you all hear my voice. So I find a mic, kinda, from my 'Dragon Naturally Speaking" package and do a test, major ICK!! So it may be awhile, couple more days or so. But I will upload something in that thread and not just another excuse, promise [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As for THIS tutuoial. WOW. So elegant. I can see my angel finished already. You are an angel yourself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] By the way, you have a very nice voice, aside from all the crows and other special effects thrown in. Quite nice indeed, thanks for sharing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thanks too RAMWolff and Soquili for your replies and everything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ! RAMWolff---I'm no angel [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] , I hope I can put that one off for some time! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain