Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara 8 MX Premium Menu Bar Major Problem!

Everytime I click "duplicate" or "new" page on an existing page, my current menu bar changes the text of the items and created new menu options. This is crazy since even on a NEW page, there is NOT a menu item linked to it yet! How and when will this be fixed?

Thanks

Default Re: Xara 8 MX Premium Menu Bar Major Problem!

quite possibly never unless you post up an example file or a URL
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

How can I send a file?? It only happens in preview when I click duplicate or new. The menu name gets renamed and added "page (copy)" appears in the menu now, and it keeps adding and adding items the more I click. Explain how a screenshot will help... I cant believe im the only one who has ever seen this...

well now I am no expert, only a humble moderator - but if you post up a XAR/WEB file can not one of the webdesigners here preview it - or am I missing something [quite possible]
    Nothing lasts forever...

it doesnt do it when i uncheck "update on all pages" on the nav bar, If I do, then it stops messing up when i click duplicate or new, but what good is that if Im dealing with a lot of pages? Then I have to manually do it and change it each time if I want an auto updating menu bar...

Yes, please post (attach) your xara file Michelle - then we can see what you are seeing.

ok, so here is my fix, i suppose... uncheck auto update, add all my pages and reselect auto update. but that is nuts to do that...its a bug, and needs to be fixed...

long live Xara! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by michellelinzi View Post
    ...its a bug, and needs to be fixed...
    Well, if it is a bug then it has to be repeatable by others. We'll never know unless we see something from you, please

oh and another bug, when you use certain buttons, after you type some text, it resizes all of the bars on the page, not just 1. that is a tale for another day...

steve [sledger] is an expert BTW
    Nothing lasts forever...