Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Please Guys I need your help with webdesigner 6!!!!!

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well with all of you. I need help because something strange has started to happen with my webdesigner 6 program. If i move an image or text, within the program, it automatically duplicates whatever I have moved. It has basically prevented me from using the program to design anything. It is really annoying and it just started doing that out of nowhere.
    What can I do to stop this happening??? I'd really appreciate it if you guys can help??
    Thanks in advance, and take care!!

Default Re: Please Guys I need your help with webdesigner 6!!!!!

Haven't swapped your mouse buttons left-for-right by any chance?

Strange! I experienced the same problem for the first time today with MX8 and don't know what caused it. I had several repeat images when I moved a graphic. Problem cleared when I let the page and returned to it. I have noticed in the past that if you move an image too far to the left or right then you can get a duplicate image created. I've been using Web Designer since it was launched and think it is a brilliant piece of software. Hope your problem disappears when you restart.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haven't swapped your mouse buttons left-for-right by any chance?
    Hi sledger,

thanks for the reply, but no swapping occurred at all, the software has just gone mad. what can be done?

Shoot it

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

I had an odd problem in WD6 where if an item was copied or cut (with the intention of pasting it in somewhere else) all that would paste in its place was the item which was last deleted. So if I copied / cut object 1 then deleted object 2 and then clicked on paste I'd get object 2. It stopped happening though. Also another one was that If I resized a placeholder I'd get serious error and the programme would crash... Again that stopped happening too. So, I have no explaination - but there does seem to be a few quirks in there that come and go as they please!

If you open a new blank document does the same thing happen with your duplicating images or just in the one file?
    And if you close the document with the error, then close WD, then restart and open the file from its saved location does it continue to happen?