Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help With Rounding the Centers of the Page Background

Hello. I need help with rounding the corners of the white page background (I am using Designer Pro X). By default, it is square and has a shadow. I have found out how to take the shadow off and how to change the color of it, but I cannot figure out how to round it.

I have looked at some of the templates, and they have a rounded page background that doesn't seem to be a shape. However, I do not know how it was done. I have also tried to read the PDF manual and the help section. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Keith

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Help With Rounding the Centers of the Page Background

You need to unlock the page background layer (click the lock icon beside it in the page and layer gallery) then expand the background layer and select the rectangle. Now you can use the rectangle tool and click the rounded corners icon on the tool bar to get the rounded corners. Once you are done with your rounded corners relock the background layer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Like this Keith

Ah - I see F posted while I was making the video.
    Of course, unlocking the page background layer and rounding the corners is not enough, as the video demonstrates.

Thank you Angelize and Sledger so much for your quick help. I took your advice and tried out what you both said, and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

--KeithH