Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The movie was created in Flash 4.

I suppose it's a misnomer when I say I did the whole flash thing in Xara,.. especially for those who don't have or know Xara well enough to this point yet and might think Xara's equipped with the animation tools, timeline, symbols,..etc.

Having said that.

Bob - It's not a perfect science for sure and I have to say that, what you see in the flash movie is a result of exporting groups of objects rather than the whole shabang all at once.
    The way I see it is, if you know what flash can import in terms of properties such as fills, and to a lesser extent transparency that Flash and Xara share in common, you'll have less grief cross-platform so to speak. But still it's hit and miss, trial and error. The most complex thing that I had to export in this situation was an elliptical fill. Since Flash can "transform" or stetch a circular fill, I wasn't too concerned including it in the composition. I certainly don't want to mislead you. I'd have to say that it does fairly well for all intents and purposes.

I'll carry on further to say that from strictly a drawing viewpoint, for myself and others weened on Xara's drawing tools and not the freehand way, it's an extra step I really don't mind taking to achieve the results I want when creating "Flash" material.

The screen cap below shows a Xara swf export and how it displays "statically" in a flashplayer window,.. and the actual import of the unprotected swf into flash directly and as a whole. As I mentioned before, I had to import the objects a few at a time, ungroup them and create they're respective layers etc...

Anyway ... hope that (over)answered your question [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desktop.gif 
Views:	170 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	15552