Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there a function I am Missing for Making Tables in Designer Pro X?

Hi. I cannot seem to find a fnction in Designer Pro X for making tables. Is there one in there somewhere? or not?

Thanks

Default Re: Is there a function I am Missing for Making Tables in Designer Pro X?

No.

Take care, Mike

Default Re: Is there a function I am Missing for Making Tables in Designer Pro X?

Sorry for being terse...

Your best option for print documents is to export your tables made in Excel or LibreOffice (or what have you) as a PDF and import them. Each item will be an individual one, so import into an empty page, then select it all and group them. You'll be able to resize to fit, edit the text, etc., if need be.

I do all my formatting of cell color, font, etc., in LibreOffice and import that from the PDF. Less fiddleying around once into Xara.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Designer Pro X - [Untitled2 _].jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	90690  

Also you can copy and paste from any Microsoft product and then when pasting and you will be asked if you want to import as EMF or WMF, I always chose WMF. Also when you paste the object in, it will come in as a very large file in area and you will have to reduce the size to fit the page size by using the Selector Tool (V). As Mike states it is so hard to do any editing once in D Pro have your table finished before importing as it is a nightmare to change anything.
    Design is thinking made visual.

You can create tables in Xara but it requires a bit of work. Here's a link to a Xara Xone Guest Tutorial that tells you how. http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest82/ Basically you create the cells as vector objects and add your text as a text area with Tabs.