Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Make background fill less prominent

An odd one this but I hope somebody can help. I'm building a site for a civic society and want to use a brick fill as a background. So far so good, however, the brick fill is a bit too prominent (ie fairly good quality) and detracts a bit from the main page. Is there any way I can reduce the quality of the graphic a bit, for example reduce brightness - I can't seem to use any of the graphic tools to change the background.

Many thanks

Default Re: Make background fill less prominent

Always a good starting point to know which version of Web Designer are you using?

Yes, good point oops! I'm using Web Designer MX Premium

OK.

Try this;

Drag the brick fill from the gallery onto the page and use the photo tools to reduce brightness etc.
    Once happy with it, right-click and choose 'Create bitmap copy' - choose 'True color'.
    Delete the copy and the original then go to the bitmap gallery and find 'Bitmap', Standard bitmap - this is your edited copy.
    Now you can either ctrl+drag'n'drop to the pasteboard or press the 'Background' button at the top of the gallery window.

Fantastic, worked a treat. Many thanks for your prompt and very helpful reply.