Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm starting another feature request thread because I cannot find the previous one I posted to...

I would like the ability to ignore shadows when centering/aligning to page. I would like a check box in the alignment pop-up that asks me if I want to ignore shadows or not. Or better yet, an object gallery which shows all the objects and can allow you to name them and set individual attribute qualities within the object gallery.

Then if you were to select attributes from the gallery you could cut and paste them to other objects and apply those attributes.

The CTRL-Shift-A paste attributes is too arbitrary in that you can paste some attributes, like color and font, but not bevel or shadow.

This is different from the name gallery which can contain groups of multiple objects.

I would also like a collapsible layer gallery. If I'm creating buttons I would like to be able to turn on and turn off all the states (pressed, on, off, rollover, etc) in one shot.

I would also like the option of linking and locking layers.

That's all for now. I'm glad X is still alive.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

I'm starting another feature request thread because I cannot find the previous one I posted to...

I would like the ability to ignore shadows when centering/aligning to page. I would like a check box in the alignment pop-up that asks me if I want to ignore shadows or not. Or better yet, an object gallery which shows all the objects and can allow you to name them and set individual attribute qualities within the object gallery.

Then if you were to select attributes from the gallery you could cut and paste them to other objects and apply those attributes.

The CTRL-Shift-A paste attributes is too arbitrary in that you can paste some attributes, like color and font, but not bevel or shadow.

This is different from the name gallery which can contain groups of multiple objects.

I would also like a collapsible layer gallery. If I'm creating buttons I would like to be able to turn on and turn off all the states (pressed, on, off, rollover, etc) in one shot.

I would also like the option of linking and locking layers.

That's all for now. I'm glad X is still alive.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

Threads called: Features you most want in XaraX. I say keep the original one going, maybe Xara Ltd. will really take notice if the pages of threads keep creaping up!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Good feature requests there!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

is getting long. I will post there, but it's now on its fourth page.

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

I totally agree, Sheffield, there needs to be a way to copy and paste attributes such as bevels, drop shadows, contours, blend steps (?) and of course any custom profiles associated with them.

Even nicer what be some slick way to deselect some the attributes before pasting them to another object.