Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bugs and issues with XDP-X v8

Can not drag an image from google image search into XDP-8 in Firefox 12. It throws up error with weird number afterwards.

Default Re: Bugs and issues with XDP-X v8

If I'm understanding your correctly, this isn't even possible in earlier versions.
    However, you can drag an image from FF to the desktop then drag it into DPX.

Thanks Sgiff, I have reproduced this and logged it. You should find that in the meantime copy and paste works OK.

Not sure that its a bug but or a feature but now when you create a standard page size for print like 8.5 x 11 you can no longer adjust the size of the page interactively. You can still do so for web sizes, this was not so in v7 you could adjust the size of any page interactively.

Quote Originally Posted by sgiff View Post
    Not sure that its a bug but or a feature but now when you create a standard page size for print like 8.5 x 11 you can no longer adjust the size of the page interactively. You can still do so for web sizes, this was not so in v7 you could adjust the size of any page interactively.
    Options | Page Size tab. Uncheck Lock Page Size.

Take care, Mike

Pro 8 pop up window corrupts a plan drawing (not complete) originally done in Pro 7 for a web site, when viewing generates a error message clicking on OK it opens in a viewer but expanding on drawing it moves text or bunches text together.

I have attached first attempt to do so.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Select your object, press SHFT+CTRL+S and save.

Now works fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for responding and helping.

Not understanding what the problem is though and why that step was required.

So I do not fall into that trap again.

Peter

Yes, it looks like a rendering a bug related to DPX's new feature of adding all text to the alt attribute when text is converted to an image, which is what is happening to your text when you set it as a highslide popup.
    So for the moment, converting entire object to editable shapes effectively removes the 'text'.
    Of course, you loose the searchable text from your page, so you could use the alt attribute to compensate (remembering that this will appear in the popup caption too).

(Does not effect WD MX)

I lodged a problem with support and supplied them with the 'offending' file.

The bug above was found when I was doing further investigation and thought it was a separate problem, not sure now though I think they are related, hope support are monitoring this forum.

Thanks it is appreciated.

Peter