Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PDX vs PD7 - speed difference?

I just downloaded PDX last night, and have found some welcome changes that make it desirable, but it doesn't seem to have the heft that DP7 over DP6 as an upgrade. I guess I'm just rather pleased with DP7

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm finding that DPX is possibly slower/more chuggy than DP7 - although when I look at the task manager it appears to be using less resources. So I don't know what to think.

Do any of you have any feelings about performance changes (if there are any at all)? This would significantly influence my decision to upgrade. PS - I realize that it's 32 bit.

Thanks,
    Ernest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDXvsPD7.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	89646

Default Re: PDX vs PD7 - speed difference?

A couple people (myself included) have noted speed enhancements. For me, especially with tracing and post-trace manipulation.

I think, but have not formally tried to time anything nor compare other areas, that both XDP7 and DPX are pretty snappy.

But for me, the shape builder and eraser are worth it alone.

Take care, Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I'm probably suffering from a bit of expectation overload. I'm sure I'll even out in a day or two.

Cheers,
    Ernest

hi ernest,

i noticed the same when i continued working on a project i started with version 7 pro.

bb,

FLy

Quote Originally Posted by edm3 View Post
    I just downloaded PDX last night, and have found some welcome changes that make it desirable, but it doesn't seem to have the heft that DP7 over DP6 as an upgrade. I guess I'm just rather pleased with DP7

Anyway, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm finding that DPX is possibly slower/more chuggy than DP7 - although when I look at the task manager it appears to be using less resources. So I don't know what to think.

Do any of you have any feelings about performance changes (if there are any at all)? This would significantly influence my decision to upgrade. PS - I realize that it's 32 bit.

Thanks,
    Ernest
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDXvsPD7.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	89646

OK - my computer was trying to make me crazy. I just did some work yesterday and this morning in DPX, and it's as fast as DP7 - no doubt. I guess it was bogged down with updates or something when I first posted.
    What made me really notice it is when I tried to do something in illustrator cs4. I almost cried due to the lag (and this is a pretty quick machine!).
    Happy