Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Forms problem

Default Forms problem

I have had a coffeecup form working on a site for two years with no problem but I made an update to the form yesterday and since then the form will not function. The form appears on the page fine but it won't accept any input, the cursor will not appear in any field. In the preview mode the form functions normally but once it is published it ceases to function.

Spent most of the day trying different solutions including changing to JotForm and republishing on a different server to no avail. The original site was made using V7 and the update was with V8 MX Premium and I thought that might have caused the problem but I have now wiped the files on the sever and republished - still no change.

Can anyone offer any thoughts on the problem. The site is at http://www.millportholidayapartments.co.uk
    Any help most welcome.
    Charles

Default Re: Forms problem

My guess is a layer problem. Could you upload the file for us to look at ?

Thanks for the prompt response.
    Tried to upload the file but for some reason it didn't go through (maybe too large at 21Mb?) but I have received this comment from my server host:

I can see that the code written for 'contact.htm' in java script also it is clear from the script that it will only work on IE(Internet Explorer), you may need to seek the help of a coder to fix this, also I can access the page 'http://www.millportholidayapartments.co.uk/contact.htm' without any issues in my IE.

=======
    <!--[if lt IE 7]><script type="text/javascript" src="index_htm_files/png.js"></script><![endif]-->
    =======

The above line makes the things more clear that the code is written in java script and will work only in IE.

Does this make any sense with respect to Xara? I did try CoffeeCup with the same problem.

Charles

Problem resolved thanks to DRWYD's comment - it was a layer problem, the form was not on the top layer - what a relief, I've been tearing my hair out trying all different solutions. Many thanks
    Charles

Glad you got it sorted