Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo Tags? Understanding "Names" Options

Hi guys, So I'm trying to figure out how the "Names" option works and what exactly it is effecting when I add a new name. I am wanting to attach several tags if possible directly to a handful of my images. Sort of like how Photobucket allows you to tag and name and provide descriptions for each image; this is what I would like to do. Is this possible? And what is the "names" options doing exactly? Can I change the names of "many" at the same time? Or would that just cause confusion in the server directory?

Thanks as always!

Default Re: Photo Tags? Understanding "Names" Options

Xara Web Designer / Designer Pro doesn't work anything like PB.
    The Names... dialogue is for naming objects on the page for various internal purposes.
    The name you use for web docs ends up as a div id.

You can use the ALT text attribute for brief image descriptions or the TITLE attribute for better popup captions that show up on-mouse-hover in browsers.
    Google uses both these fields.

ALT = Web Properties>>Image>>Image Caption
    TITLE = Web Properties>>Mouse Over>>Show popup text

Default Re: Photo Tags? Understanding "Names" Options

Okay thanks for clarifying!

I think for what I am wanting to do, I will just upload all my photos again to PB and then tag them there with link to my site. This gives me the best of both worlds. People still able to find images for what is on my site through image search and still get a link to my website. Then also get content descriptions on my website by searching standard searches.