Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default problems with my new website

Hi, I've designed this new website in WD and it displays fine in my FF, IE and Chrome browsers. However, some people are having problems with the website being too big and they have to scroll across to the view the main page in full. I have used large pictures as backgrounds to the site, but some browsers seem to render this starting from the left, and not centering the page as it seems to do on my pc. Can anyone help?

The links also use Century Gothic - I understand this isn't entirely websafe, but do you reckon I could get away with it. I don't care so much if people using a version earlier than XP or using linux can't see it, hardly anyone is on those systems these days.

www.strawberrygrove.co.uk

Default Re: problems with my new website

Hi Stuart, your page width is set to 2048px.

The site is offset to the right in FF IE and Chrome (latest versions) XP SP3

Almost 40% are on XP Linux (April 2012)

I think I could reduce the page size to the width of the wood effect info board, but I cannot get the background photo to scroll across the page as a full image. It always tiles it starting from the left of the info board, which is useless. I have searched everywhere but cant find a straight answer as to how to do this.

Try this
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've been wrestling with this for a couple of days now and just can't get it right. I have followed the instructions in your tutorial but the shots below are the outcome. On the page view it doesnt seem to have tiled right. And on the internet preview its a complete mess. I have had to place the background shadow on the bitmap and group this and create a copy, but I dont think this is the problem. Can anyone help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	background wrong.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	89597   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	background not tiling straight.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	89598  

Hi Stuart

Another example.

I've chopped up the image as per the tutorial and created the bitmap.

Once the new image is made both images are deleted from the page and the background is control dragged from the bitmap gallery to the pasteboard.

I have also reduced the width to 2000px and added the no scroll tweak.
    Attached Files Attached Files