Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bit of English industrial heritage

Often browsed this corner of TG and admired other's work - especially Derek's (Masque) - but never posted before, so here goes. This bit of Birmingham's canal system is tucked away behind and underneath the city centre and I had to wait til the right time of year to get the sun where it needed to be. Processed through Red Paw Beautifier to get the look I wanted.

Jon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Birmingham canal.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	89531
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Bit of English industrial heritage

Very nice. I like the look!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Like you, I am a fan of Masque's industrial style photographs and so found your subject matter interesting.

You have produced an unusual composition, well arranged and with dramatic lighting. The picture invites the eye to explore and imagine. It seemed to me the foreground posts (bollards?) were slightly out of focus, but overall I liked your result.
    TJB
    IP

Jon
    Very nice. I like the exaggerated colour very much, and I think I recognise where it is too.
    I admire your patience in waiting for the sun to be where you wanted it to be, I'm afraid I would have just moved it on the computer as I have no patience, but it really paid off for your image.
    Derek
    IP

Thanks for the feedback, folks - I'll share a few other images here bit-by-bit. I thought you might recognise the location, Derek, since I seem to recall you are based in or have connections with Birmingham's nearby Jewellery Quarter. This shot was on the canal between Ludgate Hill and Newhall Street. If you can time it just right (early February, 1600 hrs GMT) the long canal bridge under Newhall Street gets flooded with sunlight as the setting sun aligns with the architecture and brickwork. I'll post one of those images shortly...

Jon
    IP