Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default New Photo tools - Xarahance it!

The new colour select/erase and hue adjustment make editing photos quick and easy, combine these with the eraser and shape builder and who knows what photo effects we can achieve! All are welcome to post their efforts in this thread. Whether you have enhanced (Xarahanced ) a sky to make it more dramatic, played with colour changing objects in a photo, used the tools to create a photo merge or any other way you can think of to use the photo tools show them off here and tell us briefly what tools you used and how you did it, this way we can all learn from each other

Lets Play!

To start things off here is a photo that I had a play with. I used the colour select with masking and made adjustments to the blue sky with the hue adjustment and reduced the photo brightness to create a much bluer sky which made the clouds pop and then I used the colour select and the various photo tools to bring up the green tones and slightly bring up the blue in the water.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xarahanced_01.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	89516
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: New Photo tools - Xarahance it!

Nicely done Frances. It made a world of difference
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

thanks Larry.

I was hoping that a few others would play around and post their photo editing masterpieces...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

I would but wanted to get my Roundhead puctuation finished and posted before we leave on vacation in the morning.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Frances,

You gave me the idea to try to create a Roger Dean style fantasy landscape by compositing photos together and adjusting blur and hue etc. to pull everything together.

I imagined a leafy foreground with a few hazy blue pagodas thrusting out of the jungle in the distance and exotic birds wheeling around in the sky. Unfortunately my imagination is better than my artistic skills and the result is rubbish.

BTW: Why don't photos of pagodas come ready-masked??? ;-)

Phil

Thanks for telling us about your efforts Phil. Maybe some ready masked pagodas would make a nice addition to the Designs Gallery!

I have couple more ideas I hope to try and post (I just need to find more time to do them!) Between the colour select/erase and the eraser there is a lot of ways to play!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does this count for color enhance? Done with Photo and Graphic Designer 7. It's a pic on my (sadly - non-xara) website and is part of a slide show.

Name:	home.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	89620 - original

Name:	websitehome.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	89619 - modified
    Last edited by IeMS; 19 May 2012 at 09:29 PM.

Hi IeMs can you tell us a bit about your method? I like the concept of the map puzzle but is it a photo or a vector drawing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The photo itself was purchased from an online source so I am not sure how it was created. I used masking, and then color enhancing to modify. I hope this is ok.