Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default what system for painter12

I currently have painter 8 and am thinking of upgrading to ver 12 but I know I will need a better system. The prices of good hardware is not too high but since I have read that ver 12 is slow i know I will need an upgrade.
    If I go a quad core with 4 or 8 gigs of mem will this be fast enough or will the addition of a graphic card help.
    I have xp 32 how much better is win 7 64 or stay with xp 32 bit
    I f there is a better config, please let me know.
    Thanks Wyndham
    IP

Default Re: what system for painter12

minimum system requirements here:

http://www.corel.com/corel/product/i...KSEMGglBR#tab7

the program has 64bit support on windows [but i am told not on a mac] so 64bit windows should be better for this program, but whether to go 64bit is a wider issue

it has multiprocessor support for brushes

note: if you stay 32bit the program will only access 2GB memory max - but as I say, if you are upgrading you need to check everything else out for 64bit suitability not just painter

hope this helps
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thanks for the info. I do find however that the min system requirements are far below what a working system usually is. If I stay with xp 32 bit and go with a duel or quad core, will this give a working environment that won't lag to a great degree.
    The system I have now would not give a good test, single core 1.7 ghz 1.5 gig mem. ver 8 lags so I'm sure ver 12 would drag like a dog.
    Wyndham
    IP

min system requirements are always pitched low, companies want to sell the software to as many as they can

upgrade to windows 7

if painter is all you are worried about go 64bit - but be prepared for some other things not to work, otherwise stick to 32bit

go multiprocessor sure, unless your budget is tight

just my opinion; lag is a fact of life - it's just a question of how much you accept
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP