Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up May 2012 - Xara Designer Pro X - First Looks by Gary Priester on Xara Xone

This is the one you came here for: the first major update to your favorite drawing program in over a year, and our Moderator Emeritus, Gary Priester, gives you the inside track in this month's Xara Xone.

Be sure to thank him when you see him out and about TG for this thoughtful and informative review.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: May 2012 - Xara Designer Pro X - First Looks by Gary Priester on Xara Xone

Well done to Gary for another thorough job

Barbara, page 4 seems to be broken in all browsers. Probably an unclosed DIV somewhere.

Default Re: May 2012 - Xara Designer Pro X - First Looks by Gary Priester on Xara Xone

aye well done and thanks

not noticed a problem on page 4 in ffox 12 or IE9 steve
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Great read! I keep discovering great new things about the new version like the embedding graphics in text. Lots to get to grips with!
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Thanks Gary ... again!

No probs with page 4 that I can see Steve [Chrome]
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Well done on the quick look Gary P I am very happy with all the new tools and features

No video this month Gary B?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

We just finished principal photography last night. This month's video is now off to the editors for one or two CGI inserts, foley editing, and overdubs.

After that, we're Dolby-encoding for select iMax theaters...I figure you can catch an afternoon matinee later this week.

-g-

[Barb smacks Gary] It's a short tutorial this month on creating seamless textures with version 8 and I'm finishing it today [/Barb smacks Gary]

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm looking forward to it (the video, not Barb smacking you!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Barbara - I sent you a file with five screen captures, browsers and versions.

Aside from that (probably caused by WordPress not liking the clock and twitter widgets--DPX probably would have a problem as well, I did not try it out but it is probably a layers issue), the layout looks so much better than I deserve and my compliments to OG for reprising Fred Eyestare on the home page of the Xara Xone.

Getting back on topic, any other observations, comments, questions, while the topic is current?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	designer-X.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	89513  

Thanks to Steve's sharp eyes and suggestion, I fixed a display problem on page four. If anyone still has problems with page 4 please clear your cache.

I'm always grateful for a second set of eyes and I appreciate it when folks PM me about display problems and other glitches -- keeps threads cleaner and concentrated on the content vs the display.

Again, thanks Steve and handrawn and our own Moderator Emertius for the heads up and troubleshooting suggestions and info.

Enjoy.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com