Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trying to re-publish one page, but it's publishing the whole website again.

Hey there,

I've recently made a website that has been up and running for the past week or so, and I've been making occasional changes to it, and then re-publishing the changed page, with no problems.

Today though, I opened up the web file, edited a page, and tried to re-publish, but it asked me where I want to export the whole site again, and tried to re-publish the entire site again, even though the checkbox "re-publish only changed pages" was checked.

Im wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that this morning I move the file "Index_htm_files" from my desktop to a folder with the rest of the websites files.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: Trying to re-publish one page, but it's publishing the whole website again.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton595 View Post
    Im wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that this morning I move the file "Index_htm_files" from my desktop to a folder with the rest of the websites files.
    Yes, this is the reason.

Default Re: Trying to re-publish one page, but it's publishing the whole website again.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yes, this is the reason.
    Ahh, alright, So what should I do if I want to keep that file in its new spot? Can i direct the program to look there instead? or do I HAVE to re-upload it all?

Should be fine from now on provided you don't move/remove them again and you always save to the same local folder.
    Basically best not to remove or relocate your local (or remote) files if you intend republishing frequently as this messes with the system Xara uses to know which files have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Should be fine from now on provided you don't move/remove them again and you always save to the same local folder.
    Basically best not to remove or relocate your local (or remote) files if you intend republishing frequently as this messes with the system Xara uses to know which files have changed.
    Alright, makes sense. Just wondering, is there any way to direct Xara to the new location? Or should I just re-upload the whole thing?