Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Twitter Widget WD7

I've been trying to add a twitter widget to a site I'm building. I've tried using the widget option from inside Xara itself and also getting the widget code from Twitter and using a placeholder then adding the code.

In both cases it either crashes Xara or takes a good while to display the preview page with nothing at all displayed except the page prior to inserting the widget or code.

I also tried this out on a new blank page to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks

Andy

Default Re: Twitter Widget WD7

I just tried Twitter Widgets from inside Web Designer 7 and get nothing but a tiny square. On publish I get nothing. I tried Twitter Widgets in Web Designer MX and got the same results.

The Twitter Buttons (follow me) and Display Your Tweets widgets did work so try one of those.

Same here guys... Also, the widget that I placed on a running site does not work anymore. Tried to replace it fails. It must be a WD issue. Did anyone create a ticket? If not, I'll go ahead and create one.

WD has nothing to do with third party code inserted via the design gallery widget or via the same page and code from the Twitter site.
    (It's the same thing)
    If a widget that worked before suddenly stops, it's more likely either a browser addon/extension conflict or the source of the .js (twitter.com in this case) who are messing with it.

Many of these .js widgets will not function in the local zone (your HDD) due to security restrictions imposed by IE.
    But they are fine when published.

So yes, you will get a tiny placeholder of no colour at first, you can resize and colour this if you like.
    Here's one I just did using WD MX and the Twitter widget.

http://xara-users.info/temp/twitter-widget/

Thank you Sledger. How do you resize though if it's a tiny square? Before I could align it with other placeholdres on the page but now I cannot do much. FB widget works just fine. Also my WD7 freezes once I paste the codes or press apply.

I simply replaced the code in placeholder html body tab and pushed it to the web and it worked. hmmm. it does not show in WD preview or anything but on the web it's visible and working. Not really convenient from design perspective but thank God I kept the original placeholder. Thanks again.

You resize it by dragging on the of the corner handles as you would any other object/shape.

it does not show in WD preview or anything but on the web it's visible
    Yes, as mentioned many of these .js widgets will not function in the local zone (your HDD) due to security restrictions imposed by IE.