Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mailer

Default Mailer

Dear All,

I have just recently joined the forum, n looking forward to have your help to creat Mailer for my products. I am using XARA designer pro to create one page mailer. I am finding difficulty to crop one image. like i want that image in exact shape whereas it shows corners which is having different color.

can anybody help to get it resolved?

Sahara

Default Re: Mailer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	124.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	89689

here is the image which i want to crop in exact shape

What version of Xara designer are you using?

You want to know how to mask the image so that there is no white background. Is this correct?

One method is to draw an exactly outline of the guitar with Xara's drawing tools. This will create a solid mask. Then select the mask object and the photo and from the Arrange menu, select Combine Shapes > Intersect Shapes.

In older versions of Designer, you can use Mehdi, Eraser Classic (Live Effect Tool). This will remove the white from the bitmap.

If you have the new version of Designer Pro X, just released, you can use the Photo Tool > Color Select/Erase Tool to remove the white background.

Both Color Select/Erase and Mehdi will drop out the white string guide at the top because it is so close to the white background.

The best method is to draw a masking shape. But this is time consuming and requires some skill using the drawing tools.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Color-Select-Erase.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	89691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mehdi-Eraser-Classic.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	89692  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

If you use the shape editor to create your masking shape it's not really too hard to do it will only be around the tuning knobs that will be finicky.

If you are using Mehdi you can place a white object behind the strings or if you have the newest version and are using the colour select/erase you can mask the area where the strings are, invert the mask, and then the colour select/erase will only effect the areas that are unprotected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by s_agrasen View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	124.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	89689

here is the image which i want to crop in exact shape
    Hi,
    Thank you for your reply, but i dont want to use this image with multiple color background, i want to use that image only with black background. i.e. image + rest of is black.

I am using XARA Designer Pro 7. Can anybody suggest some good options within software.

I inserted the colored background only to show that the background had been removed.

If you want to show the guitar over a black background then the vector mask which I suggested in my first post is the best way. I like to use the Shape Tool to draw a series of connected lines and then drag the lines into curves to create an outline of the entire shape.

This is in no way an easy thing to do as someone suggested, but it can be done if you are patient and take the time to create an accurate shape.

You can use the Live Effects Tool > Medhi Classic Eraser method which is easier but will leave a white fringe around the guitar. This is OK if the guitar is going to appear over a light colored background, but the white fringe will be very evident over black. To compensate, after you remove the white with Mehdi, you can apply some Live Effects Tool > Bitmap Feathering. Reduce the default amount of 10px to about 1px-2px.

Name:	outline.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	89715  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I inserted the colored background only to show that the background had been removed.

If you want to show the guitar over a black background then the vector mask which I suggested in my first post is the best way. I like to use the Shape Tool to draw a series of connected lines and then drag the lines into curves to create an outline of the entire shape.

This is in no way an easy thing to do as someone suggested, but it can be done if you are patient and take the time to create an accurate shape.

You can use the Live Effects Tool > Medhi Classic Eraser method which is easier but will leave a white fringe around the guitar. This is OK if the guitar is going to appear over a light colored background, but the white fringe will be very evident over black. To compensate, after you remove the white with Mehdi, you can apply some Live Effects Tool > Bitmap Feathering. Reduce the default amount of 10px to about 1px-2px.

Hi,

thanks, but unfortunately, my xara designer pro 7 doesnt shows life effects tools and medhi classic eraser. how to pop up this menus???? sorry for asking such simple questions, but my software doesnt shows this

regards

See if the attached screen capture helps.

As I said, this is tricky because you want the image to appear over black.

The guitar is anti-aliased (smoothed) to the white background. What his means is to create the illusion of a smooth outline and to not have a pixelated stair-step edge to the image, the edges are blended with the white background. Intermediate colored pixels are created that make the edge of the guitar appear sharp.

When you drop out only the white some of the intermediate colored pixels remain and this caused the white fringe. (I have exagerated the resolution of the photograph to illustrate this point).

If you are going to make the image smaller then this white fringe may not be as noticeable.

Does this make any sense? We are not trying to give you a lot of technical talk. It is just a very difficult thing to achieve what you are asking.

Name:	Live Effects Tool.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	89719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anti-aliased.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	89720  

Last edited by gwpriester; 23 May 2012 at 03:31 PM.

OK. I did some experimenting. I reduced the size of the image and applied a Mehdi > Eraser Classic with a Tolerance setting of 75 and this produced a reasonably clean outline.

So if you try this, and some higher settings, you might be able to create a clean outline.

Name:	Mehdi.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	89721  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK. I did some experimenting. I reduced the size of the image and applied a Mehdi > Eraser Classic with a Tolerance setting of 75 and this produced a reasonably clean outline.

So if you try this, and some higher settings, you might be able to create a clean outline.
    first of all, thank you.... i have never seen suchh a supportive forum...but very unfortunate for me that when i click on new and medhi, it shows an error like,,,,

access violation exception at 0x050e3f60...n program quits,,,'

what could be the way to short it out?