Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Jotform problem - form cut in half veritcally

Having a problem with a Jotform. Have used Jotform quite a bit never had this problem. This form displays on the page normally when using XWD web page preview, but when viewed in IE and FF the form is cut in half vertically (right side cut off about in the middle). I have tried resizing and moving the placeholder, and the page. The placeholder is in its own layer which is on top. The form itself is narrow, and no matter where I position it horizontally in the page, it gets cut in half in the same place, which tells me its not the page, but the Jotform itself. I tried adjusting the form width in Jotform and it had no effect.
    Any help?

WD 7.1.2

Thanks!!

Default Re: Jotform problem - form cut in half veritcally

Quote Originally Posted by AGCRUISE View Post
    which tells me its not the page, but the Jotform itself.
    Any help?
    Have you contacted JotForm support about this?
    Are your IE and FF browsers set to show pages at 100% view, or zoomed? (Press Ctrl+0 for 100% view)

Do you have the URL so we can see what you are seeing

I have not yet contacted JF but probably will if no solution here. I tried adjusting the zoom on both browsers - no change. I know it won't help troubleshooting much but here it is.
    http://wahia.org/futuretrainingpoll.htm

Thanks-

Thanks for the URL.

I'm seeing the same thing in all major browsers tested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whia.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	89211

According to the source you have simply placed the script in the body section of the page in Web Properties.
    You will need to place the code in a placehdoler object of 500px wide by roughly 1300px high.

See ►wftp.xar

Quote Originally Posted by AGCRUISE View Post
    Having a problem with a Jotform. Have used Jotform quite a bit never had this problem. This form displays on the page normally when using XWD web page preview, but when viewed in IE and FF the form is cut in half vertically (right side cut off about in the middle). I have tried resizing and moving the placeholder, and the page. The placeholder is in its own layer which is on top. The form itself is narrow, and no matter where I position it horizontally in the page, it gets cut in half in the same place, which tells me its not the page, but the Jotform itself. I tried adjusting the form width in Jotform and it had no effect.
    Any help?

WD 7.1.2

Thanks!!
    It's kind of odd. When I use your code( <script type="text/javascript" src="http://form.jotformpro.com/jsform/21225286302949"></script> )it displays crazy in Xara preview but when I use IE or FF it displays fine.

It looks to me like you just do not have a large enough place holder for it which is why it is being cut in half. The placeholder does not appear wide enough. I played around with it and the smallest placeholder I found that displayed everything was 490 X 1225.

Also, I have had better luck using iframes to insert Jotforms vs using their embed code as you did. I actually just did a site and for some reason I used embed vs the iframes as I usually do and the facebook code on the pages was keeping the Jotforms from opening in FF. Once swapped to iframe to insert everything worked as it should.

Try starting over with a new placeholder of the correct size and see how it goes.

For anyone that may be trying to resolve the same problem, the problem was with the size of the placeholder. It defaults to 1000 but for some reason the Preview Web Page function does not generate the cut off contents. I resized using the "position" toolbar at the top of the window. Thanks for looking gsthunder... -Al