Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Prevent Right Click/Save As... option from being possible?

The watermark really is the best way to go about this, although I have used trukkerz method of the transparent box on most occasions, people like to right click and copy, very few will use the printscreen method.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

That was suggested, yes. I did that and a combination of a couple other things for the images I wanted to keep specific to my site.

thanks

Welcome to TalkGraphics Elgin. I always add a copyright line to the image but this does not stop the image from being downloaded and added to someone else's website.

Encrypt Web Pro (http://www.allynova.com/) can stop a lot of right click, drag and drop, and other attempts to copy content. It is not fool proof and as has been pointed out, Print Screen will copy whatever is on the screen at the current resolution. But as they say about locks, it will keep the honest people from copying/stealing your content. You can even add a pop up message telling the visitor that the image is copyrighted and to bugger off. Or words to that effect.

Anyone can defeat your "prevent right click" measures by just disabling javascript in their browser - since all of the prevention measures use javascript - and I haven't heard of any prevention that uses another method. Another way that any visitor can "steal" your image is with any screen capture program (such as Gadwin). Basically if you are goingto put your images on the web, anyone who is determined enough can get them for "free" with very little effort.

Watermarks are your only good defense. That is what all of the major stock photo websites use.