Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question ILLUSTRATOR CS5, Nudge Arrows and Text tool screwed up. How of fix?

Text Tool: if I click and drag OR just plain click, the text is rotate 90° counter clockwise (from bottom to top)

Nudge Arrows: I use the Nudge Arrows to move a selection, direction of the nudge is 90° counter clockwise from the direction the nudge arrows are pointed (the upper arrow moves the object to the left, the left arrow moves downward, the down arrow moves to the right, and the right arrow moves upward.

I think the transform > reflect is screwed up too.

Is there a setting somewhere I can fix this?
    IP

Default Re: ILLUSTRATOR CS5, Nudge Arrows and Text tool screwed up. How of fix?

Sounds like your Preference options have gone astray! Have a look under Edit then down to Preference and then go through them, General, Units and also S/Guides. I can only say I have never had problems but one thing I can say is that Illy is based as Xara is on Pix. and as I normally work with mm. the nudge size is a bit odd because of that.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

look at the following dialog...

edit | preferences | general | constrain angle

should be set to 0 degrees.

mike
    IP

That did the trick. Thanks, folks for your help.
    IP