Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Upgrade from Eyecandy 4000 to EC 6?

Can you upgrade from Eye Candy 4000 (Xara locked) to:
    EyeCandy 6 unlocked?

https://www.alienskin.com/store/Prod...roduct_id=1368

Default Re: Upgrade from Eyecandy 4000 to EC 6?

They have a contact e-mail on their website http://www.alienskin.com/about_us/contact-us.aspx Ask them!

My guess is probably not. The locked version is a sampler really and not a full version.

I'd certainly be interested to know too so please report back when you hear from them. I installed the trial and it works just fine. Lots more options on the Chrome filter. Don't think I'd stump up $249 for it though.

Got this answer:

Hi
    The Xara versions are sold and supported directly by Xara, not Alien Skin. We no longer make Xara versions of current products. If you wanting to upgrade for use with a supported host program, you can try using the upgrade link at our web store using your product serial code.

So it might be possible but they do not guarantee it.

Thanks for the update.

Just tried every single Xtreme product code I have and no, they aren't recognised.

Shame because as you can see, the plugin is great. Like I said, I'd pay $99, but not $249.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrometest.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	80136

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I know this is an old thread, but I think I can shed some light on this subject.

I purchased the eye candy 4000 plugin a few years ago through Xara and Last December I was able to upgrade to EC 6 for $99 through the EC site. If you purchased the plugin from Xara( not the free demo version) you should have a product code for Eye Candy 4000, and that's the one that will get the upgrade. It's been a long time but if you can still purchase it through Xara, 4000 may be around $50 so to get that and the upgrade to 6 you would be looking at around $150 Still quite a bit less than $249. I can also tell you that EC6 works very nicely with Designer Pro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hello Angelize,
    I just purchase Designer Pro 7 and find out that my Eye Candy 400 it's not working anymore. In order to purchase the updated version EC6, please let me now if it works for you with the new version DP7 or you try'it with the DP6 program?
    Many thanks.
    Michael

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have both Eye Candy 4000 and Eye Candy 6 installed on my computer and both versions work fine in Designer Pro 7. However EC 6 does have some very nice new features.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Sorry, I have not seen your second message. Amazing ! I can't seem to make Eye Candy working with DP7. I try for 2 days now and i'm stuck. Any sugestion ? I follow the normal procedure. I already have Designer Pro 6with Eye Candy 4000 installed working (and Xenofex 2 by the way, both from Xara). When I first Installed Designer Pro 7, I also installed again the 2 plugins in DP7 plug-in directory this time, thinking that it will work just fine. Surprise, it didn't ! My files made in DP6 with Live Effects won't open in DP7 making all kind of weird things. SO I just erase live efects with DP6 from files and now it's opening just fine, but stil I need them old version so... I even erased all my Xara software completly from PC and installed again just DP7 with Eye Candy but no lack. And now it seems that from some reason, None of the Live effects (even those embeded in DP7 by default) not working anymore, even without Eye Candy 4000 installed. SO I wait for suggestion here. By for now, I have to go to work, see you in the afternoon.

Only just seen this thread so apologies for replying now and apologies if I haven't ready everything carefully.

It's as Frances says.
    I can log on to my account at xara.com and get my serial number for Eye Candy 4000, then enter that to upgrade to Eye Candy 6 for $99.

I haven't purchased it though.
    But I could go as far as the web site telling me that it would be $99.

So, as far as I can see, all you need is the serial number if you purchased the full version of Eye Candy 4000.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone