Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question White outline around the GIF exported from Xara 3D

Hello fellow members, I am a newbie at making animations and graphics with Xara 3D. I am having a problem here. I was trying to make a spinning avatar using this image. The problem, as you may notice, is that there is a white outline in the final gif. How could I remove that? Thanks in advance. BTW sorry, if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Default Re: White outline around the GIF exported from Xara 3D

Hi GingerGrin, welcome to TalkGraphics.

Are you referring to the white color on the sides of the spinning Avatar? Or are you placing the animated .gif on a nonwhite background?

To change the color of the white sides of the avatar use the Color Options and change the color for the text sides.

If you are placing the animated .gif on a nonwhite page background use the Color Options and change the Background color to match the color page you will use.

Export your animated gif again and see how it looks on your page.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: White outline around the GIF exported from Xara 3D

Welcome to TalkGraphics

As Bill has suggested, you need to change the background color in Xara 3D to match the dark gray of your web page.

The white fringe is the result of Xara anti-aliasing the images to blend with the background color, which in your case was most likely white.

Changing the background in Xara 3D to the dark gray will blend to the gray and the image will appear much sharper and cleaner around the edges.