Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo Gallery Similar to this link

Hi,

Well I've been knocking my head against the wall trying to do a photo gallery similar to the link below

www.newwavecustomconversions.co.uk/gallery

The idea is when you click on 1 of the pictures, (interior, exterior etc,) it shows a slideshow for that group only on top of the main page.
    I've tried using layers, which would work but you would have to click the photo group again to run the slideshow, i.e 2 clicks 1 to select the layer 1 to run the show, I only want to have to click the once to run the show, is this beyond WDMX?

Many Thanks
    Rob

Default Re: Photo Gallery Similar to this link

Well you can stack images and select the stack to run as a popup slideshow as you would a group of single images quite easily, unfortunately the Highslide JS only allows one such gallery per page which means if you create another stack on the same page, the slide show will also play the images in all other stacks on that page (even if stacks are in other layers, they are still technically belonging to the same HTML page).

Thanks for your time sledger,

Yes your right, I've just put 2 photos on layer(interior), 2 photos on layer(exterior), play the show from the link to layer(interior) and it plays all 4 photos.
    I was thinking that would be the way to do it, wrong.
    Oh well back to the drawing board.

Cheers Rob

Remember that while it is possible to create stunning and featured sites using Xara Web Designer it is certainly not possible to create anything you might see elsewhere on the web using only Xara Web Designer.
    Sometimes placeholders can be used to embed some simple code snippets to add new features to your site, but very often it is simply not possible at all - there are limitations to what you can do with WD. The software has been developed for HTML and code free use by novices (or pros who want to relax, get away from hand coding and enjoy designing in a more fun environment )

Thank you sledger,
    I'm much a newbie at this but having fun trying.

Cheers Rob

That's the ticket