Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Content on the website is not visible inside the index.htm file

I've noticed that any content visible on the website, is not visible inside the published index.htm file or on the major Search Engines (Google, Bing). Has anyone seen this before? I thought my content would be somewhere inside a HTML tag.

You can view my website and the source code at:
    http://www.moneygiftr.com

Default Re: Content on the website is not visible inside the index.htm file

Your site has an index.html file not an index.htm.

Post Re: Content on the website is not visible inside the index.htm file

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Your site has an index.html file not an index.htm.
    I know Paul. The file is index.htm in the project folder, but it has to be renamed on the Webhost to index.html for the site to be viewed on the Web.

If you remove the index.html file, the index.htm should be fine.

I'm not sure what any content visible on the website, is not visible inside the published index.htm file means.

I agree. "content visible on the website" must be in the index.htm file or it will not display!

Guys, what the OP means is his 'textual content' is not visible in the source so SE's won't see it.
    Nothing to do with being .htm or .html

The problem is that aside from the text to the left of the 'Notify me' button, all other text is saved as images.

EG: http://www.moneygiftr.com/index_htm_files/11.png

@dejohnny: You should not group your text with other objects or apply any effects to text, otherwise Xara will export the object as an image.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Guys, what the OP means is his 'textual content' is not visible in the source so SE's won't see it.
    Nothing to do with being .htm or .html

The problem is that aside from the text to the left of the 'Notify me' button, all other text is saved as images.

EG: http://www.moneygiftr.com/index_htm_files/11.png

@dejohnny: You should not group your text with other objects or apply any effects to text, otherwise Xara will export the object as an image.
    Good spot Steve.

Steve is right dejohnny. I'm glad Steve took the trouble to scrolll through the content to discover this.

This is one of those cases using the design software in a particular way can have unintended consequences if you are unaware of how the software works.

If you take the time to ungroup some of the text, you'll find that text will reappear as standard HTML.

If I had taken the time to investigate more I my earlier response would have been less stringent. You will find that Xara is not as useless as you claimed it to be.

Paul

Thumbs up Re: Content on the website is not visible inside the index.htm file

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Good spot Steve.

Steve is right dejohnny. I'm glad Steve took the trouble to scrolll through the content to discover this.

This is one of those cases using the design software in a particular way can have unintended consequences if you are unaware of how the software works.

If you take the time to ungroup some of the text, you'll find that text will reappear as standard HTML.

If I had taken the time to investigate more I my earlier response would have been less stringent. You will find that Xara is not as useless as you claimed it to be.

Paul
    Paul, I believe Steve is right. I'll try un-grouping some of the text fields.

Cheers,
    Darel

Did you ask this same question in another post? I could swear that I responded but I do not see my response here.

Must be a glitch in the matrix. Maybe Covoxer has just logged in