Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default DP7 on top of other windows

When DP7 is full screen, I cannot bring any other open windows on top of it. I have to minimize DP7, then I can view my other windows. Is there a setting to disable "always on top?"

Default Re: DP7 on top of other windows

No such problem here GP.
    You can use Windows alt+tab to bring other open programs to the top, but I have never seen any option to force Xara to always be on top when at full-screen.

Thanks for reply Steve. alt+tab will not bring others on top of DP. If I minimize DP, alt+tab will bring others to the top of each other as selected; but won't override DP when it is on screen. DP stays on top even when it is not full screen. I can watch the other open programs move when selected but DP is like oil on water.

I'm using win 7 Home Premium on an HP dv7 laptop. If I click the "Show Desktop" in lower right corner, everything disappears as expected, even DP7.

Have you installed any apps such as 'Window On Top', 'Deskpins' or 'Always-on-top' ?
    If not, then I know of no-way other this can happen

The same thing happened to me when I first dl'd/installed DP7Pro. It was really quite annoying and very odd. I could not find any reference to the problem anywhere. And then one day it stopped doing it - all by itself. Now all is fine. Don't have a solution for you but thought you might like to know you are not alone and it WILL fix itself (mysteriously, somehow).
    -=Bob=-

Well I have not figured out the sequence of events yet but now my DP7 is no longer always on top. I found a situation where Internet Explorer ended up "always on top." Can't spend any more time on it right now. Will report back if I figure it out.

I did some Googling and found a link to a small program that will allow an active program to be selected as "always on top." I tried it and it works. So now I can selectively choose which one I want to stay on top and deselect it when I want it normal. Here's a link to it on Dropbox if anyone is interested.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/149566/Downl...ays-on-top.zip

Yes, this is one of the apps I spoke of in post #4