Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Blogger (or an alternative) added to a Xara site

I need to provide a client with a Blog, preferably integrated in to the existing site.

From searching the Forum I read that it was possible to add a Blogger blog via an iframe and tried with the "Add a web site" widget but got a message that the "publisher of this content does not allow it to be published in a frame". Is this something new for Blogger or is there any other way to integrate it? Alternatively dose anyone have suggestions for a different blog?

Default Re: Blogger (or an alternative) added to a Xara site

Have a look at Nabble: ► http://n6.nabble.com/free-blog.html

I added a blog to this site using BlogSpot( Google )and an IFRAME on the page. It is viewed on the client's site and they can even post/edit right from their own site on the shown blog page vs having to go to the actual blog site. The hardest part was getting the permissions setup as my client was, well, to be polite, internet technically challenged. Requires a Google account to create and post/edit on the blog.

http://www.seacoastlearningcenter.org/page7.htm

http://www.blogspot.com

Hi Gsthunder,

My client is looking for a forum/ blog, by using blogspot looks to me as a good solution. How did you use blogspot on you're webdisigner page.

berendkoert - There is a widget in the > Other Widgets called Embed a Website. You can use this to bring the blog into Web Designer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Embed Website Widget.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	94528  

You can also insert the blog feed as a placeholder on your page. rssinclude.com is free and very easy to customise.

Good suggestion Megg. https://www.rssinclude.com/ Free is good. Though doesn't it do the same thing that the Embed a Website does?
    Last edited by gwpriester; 16 February 2013 at 03:41 PM.

why not just create a blog in the website itself? Saves ads popping up, you can customize it to your site 100%, it shows your client's website as having new content, relevant content as opposed to giving such content to a 3rd party?

Quote Originally Posted by AutoEvo View Post
    why not just create a blog in the website itself?
    OK. Good idea. How do we do this?

If you created your client's site it's just a case of creating the page and posting it up. If you didn't create the clients site, then perhaps you could create a replica page or a complimentary style page for the blog for your customer and publish it to a blog folder onto your customers host... I hope this makes sense? If you look at my blog you'll see it's in the style of the website [though slightly different] and I just upload this to a blog folder at my host. Then to help promote the blogs, I use FB, pintrest, the best of etc as well as the onsite news page with links to the blogs that are written...

I hope this helps you.