Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Internal program error 4068.w.ft.nn

Hi

I'm using Web Designer 7 Premium version 7.1.2.18680. When trying to publish the website I get an error "Internal program error 4068.w.ft.nn" just after it has exported and then trying to connect via FTP. After dismissing that error message by clicking on "Ok" I get another error message "General FTP error" after which the publishing process stops. The FTP details are correct and have been used successfully previously.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Internal program error 4068.w.ft.nn

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Does this still happen if you close WD7 and then reopen the program?

Yes, it does. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the program but the same thing happens

The file has probably become corrupted. Try this. Select a page then Edit > Copy Page.

Create a new page and then Edit > Paste > Paste Page. Try to publish just this page. If you are successful you can copy and paste a few more pages and if this continues to publish then do the whole site and delete the old.

I've got this sorted now. Publishing the whole site rather than Re-publishing changed files only did the trick. I think the problem was caused by Web Designer being unable to read some required information from the web server in order to complete the publishing operation. Publishing the whole site restored this and subsequently Re-publish changed files only also works again.

Many thanks for you help with this

I am also getting the same error code when I try to upload to my site - I am using Designer Pro X (purchased last weekend). I tried unchecking "Republish only changed files" but that did not help so I have the program create a new subdirectory on my site and it uploaded all the files to the new directory just fine. However, just as soon as I made a small change to a page (I moved a graphic 1 pixel to the right then moved it back again then click "Save" and got the same error when I tried to upload again. Uploading with the "Republish only changed files" check or unchecked gives the same error.

I have submitted a ticket to Xara Support.