Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Visited Link remains highlighted even when page is reloaded or refreshed

Can anyone explain why after visiting any of the links on this page http://www.yogacrossroads.com/resources.html that the links remain highlighted as a visited link, even if the page is refreshed or reloaded?

Is this a Xara thing or a browser thing?

Default Re: Visited Link remains highlighted even when page is reloaded or refreshed

I don't quite understand the problem?

For example:
    If I visit the 'Home' page, then the link Home remains highlighted. This is what I would expect, personally.
    Are you saying that this should not happen?

The only time the link is not highlighted is when you make a selection from a sub-menus.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: Visited Link remains highlighted even when page is reloaded or refreshed

Hi Gary, If your talking about the menu thats Xara, if your talking about text links its a browser thing, you can change the visited link colour Web Properties >> Website

Yes, I was referring to text links.

The default colors have been changed. I think the solution to the issue is to make the visited link the same color as the mouse off color.

I think the solution to the issue is to make the visited link the same color as the mouse off color.
    Since the release of MX I have allways thought that these options should be controlled within text styles, as not all links would be placed on the same coloured background.

You've always been able to do this in Web Designer, James.
    Colour your link text how you please and uncheck the 'Use common website link colors' in the Link tab of Web Properties
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	94697  

Text styles were added to make global changes easly why not include link styles within a text style?

I assume the thinking was that the option to change a text link colour already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Can anyone explain why after visiting any of the links on this page http://www.yogacrossroads.com/resources.html that the links remain highlighted as a visited link, even if the page is refreshed or reloaded?
    Is this a Xara thing or a browser thing?
    Gary, I believe it is a browser thing. The only way to get your browser to "forget" the link and display it with the orginal (unvisited) color is to delete that link from your browser history. Refreshing the browser reloads the page without using the cache (if you use CTRL F5), but doesn't change your history of visited sites. Since it is still in your history, the visited link color will be used.

But yes, you can override this feature by setting visited link color the same as the link (mouseoff) color.